MAMMOGRAPHY CONSULTANT, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR – POSITION OPEN
Mammography Educators is a fast growing, boutique mammography consulting company looking for a passionate mammography technologist interested in education and training. We are currently looking for a Consultant who lives in the midwest or west coast regions of the U.S.
The mission of Mammography Educators is to improve the training of breast imaging specialists to standardize care and ultimately contribute to the early detection of breast cancer. Mammography Educators provides mammography consulting, conferences, and training services and develops educational products to support its’ mission.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide on-site mammography positioning trainings and other related accreditation, quality control and regulatory consultations to breast imaging sites in the United States and potentially internationally. Consultants work under the mentorship of Mammography Educators’ Director of Education, Louise Miller, RT(R)(M)(ARRT), CRT, FSBI, FNCBC and employ a standardized, consistent method of positioning. Consultants are engaging, informative and dynamic teachers, in addition to being excellent mammographers. A flexible schedule is important.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide on-site mammography positioning trainings across the country (travel-required)
- Deliver mammography lectures
- Lead mammography positioning demonstrations with models
- Provide one-on-one technologist feedback
- Image critique and review with technologists
- Interact with radiologist at on-site facilities as appropriate
- Assist with accreditation and inspection preparations
- Participate in conferences and workshops
- Provide follow-up documentation immediately preceding consulting engagements to administration
- A minimum of two years experience as a mammographer
- Currently licensed and meet all required mandated by MQSA (performing or teaching 200 mammograms every 2 years and up-to-date on CEUs)
- Flexible schedule required
- Lives in the midwest or west coast region of the U.S.
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Independent Contractor Position (no guaranteed hours or benefits)
- Travel required
- Computer access required
Why Join Mammography Educators?
- Individual train-the-trainer education and experience provided
- Opportunities to travel the county (sometimes with short notice!)
- Work on-site with individual breast centers and technologists, in addition to non-profit organizations to improve the quality of mammography throughout the county
- Mentoring by top leaders in the field of mammography
- Great compensation
- A way to make a difference by teaching, inspiring, and motivating the future generation of mammographers
- An organized and professional administrative team
- Potential international travel opportunities
- Affiliation with a highly respected employer
- No department “politics” – we really like each other!
- Spending time with fun, passionate individuals who love what they do
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the form below – cover letter and resume required for application. Tell us why you feel like you would be a great fit for this position. If you have any trouble submitting your application via the form below, you can email your resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only apply if you meet all of the required qualifications. Thank you!